It’s Shabneez with a blog post about smooshing. Smooshing is a technique that once you start I’m sure you won’t stop and the Tubby Craft Dye Inks are perfect for this as they are waterbased.
I have two step by step pictorial tutorials to share with you using the smooshing technique. Smooshing is basically the combining of ink with water to create an effect.
1. Take a sheet of watercolour card stock and put some imperial red ink on your glass mat with a spritz of water.
2. Put the card on the ink and water mixture and smoosh by pressing and moving the card around in the ink.
3. Do the same with the other colour ink pads to create a rainbow effect finishing with the lavender violet.
4. Use the black ink to stamp the rainbows randomly around the rainbow background.
5. Using the ink pads and a waterbrush I painted the unicorn image.
6. Stamp the ‘You Are A Rainbow’ sentiment with black ink.
7. Assemble the card.
For my second card I decided to use the smooshing technique on an oyster shell.
1. To begin I stamped the oyster shell and then used masking fluid around the outside. This stops any ink from reaching the area covered.
2. This time I used a piece of acetate and added the mustard yellow and chocolate brown inks to it followed by a spritz of water.
3. Rub away the masking fluid and you will find a clear space around it which I fussy cut around giving me a clean finish.
4. I added liquid pearls to the centre to make a pretty realistic pearl!
5. I stamped and used the ink to water colour 2 star fishes which I then fussy cut.
6. I heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder on a black card base and added the fussy cut elements to a blue circular background.
I hope you enjoyed learning about this technique and different ways you can use it on your own creations. See you again soon!
Tubby Craft Dye Inks in:
Precious Treasure Stamp Set
Tubby Craft products are available at following online retailers -