Skip to main content

Making Four Cards With Our DIY Papercrafting Kit | Video With Tasha

Hey Crafty People!

It's Tasha here today, sharing four cards I made using the awesome  DIY Papercraft Kit - Love Theme, you can see how I put all of the cards together and some super quick background ideas.


All of my cards use some of the images from the stamp set that I put together really simply:


Roses

 

I chose two papers from the patterned paper pad that I thought would work well as the Roses themselves and the stems & leaves.

 

I stamped the various flowers and leaves onto their corresponding patterned papers using Ultra Slow Drying embossing ink and added some super fine embossing powder in the colour Platinum. Once they were heat set, I fussy cut each one and glued together the various blooms, stems & leaves. I love how they turned out!!!

This is a super fun and easy way to get lots of no colour roses in a pretty quick way!!



Card 1

 



I started with an a2 panel of Neenah 80lb and blended some Imperial Red over the brick stencil, starting in the centre of the panel; keeping the most vibrant colour in the centre and then allowing the colour to slowly trail off towards the outer edges.
This is a spotlight ink blending technique that just adds a bit of interest to your background.






I used a hello die to cut from some black cardstock and also from one of the papers in the patterned paper pad. I stacked the three black die cuts and then added the patterned paper one on top but I offset it slightly to make the black die cuts appear as a drop shadow. This will help my sentiment pop off the background so much more!!

I added a few of the paper pieced roses and leaves either side of the sentiment, and added them all on top of the spotlight ink blending! A few hearts & sequins from the embellishment mix finished it off nicely.



Card 2

Another really quick and simple way I love to add interest onto my background is with some score lines. This is so simple to do and the different possible designs are really endless!!!

This time I added two vertical score lines to the left of my panel, then flipped it to add another two horizontal lines at the top.








I cut two circles from some of the patterned paper, one larger than the other. Then I added another of my paper piece Roses on the smaller circle, using adhesive foam squares. I put more foam squares on the back of this smaller circle and stuck that the middle of the larger circle! Part of my rose continued past the smaller circle, so in order to have that level with the larger circle, I needed to double up the foam squares just under this bit.

 



I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set onto some more Neenah 80lb using Jet Black ink; I cut this down and added it over the rose stem.

 

I glued the whole focal element onto my scored card panel and I finished off the design with a few of the sequins and hearts from the embellishment mix.





Card 3


I cut a piece of the patterned paper down using an a2 panel nesting die and I fussy cut this beautiful lacy border from another piece of the patterned paper.

 

I popped the lacy strip up on adhesive foam squares down the right hand side of the panel, and then glued one of my roses to the left hand side.

 

I finished it with another of the stamped sentiments, again stamped in Jet Black, and finished with some of the embellishment mix.




Card 4



I cut another panel using the same die from a different sheet of the patterned paper, but this time I also die cut a heart in the bottom right hand corner. This would be my shaker window! I chose some of the patterned paper off cut I had left as my backing paper that you would see through the heart.






For my shaker itself I grabbed a piece of packaging that I no longer needed, and I cut it down so that two side were still sealed and I had two sides open.


I placed my patterned paper backing piece inside this and sealed another edge with some double sided tape. This gives me a pocket with only the top open and I poured a bunch of the embellishment mix into this pocket, making sure they were in front of the patterned paper.



Once I was happy that it was full enough I sealed the top with double sided tape and folded it over to secure it again; I definitely don't want anything escaping!!


I used double sided tape to attach this whole shaker pocket to my card front, making sure it was lined up correctly behind my heart window.



Then I added foam adhesive tape on the back of the panel, leaving the shaker window free of this, but adding some liquid glue to the back of the pocket. I attached it to an a2 card base and gave it a good shake to test how it worked; looking good!!


The paper that I used for my panel has these gorgeous flowers on the top and bottom; when I cut the panel I kept one set of flowers on the bottom. I fussy cut the other set of flowers from the leftover paper and then I glued these to the top of the panel, I think that's my favourite bit of the whole card!

 

I finished it with some of the embellishment mix and a tiny sentiment, stamped onto Neenah 80lb with Imperial Red ink.



I absolutely love the cards I made today and I hope it gives you a few ideas of how you can use all of the separate items in the kit and put them together to get some awesome designs; whether that be for card making, scrapbooking or more!!

I've made quite a few cards now with this kit and I have SO MUCH leftover!!!! The stamp set, stencil and inks are yours to use any time you'd like and I have used the patterned paper loads but I've barely scratched the surface in terms of how much is left!! The embellishment mix will last a lifetime!!


Thanks for spending this time with me today, I always appreciate it so.

Have a lovely, safe & happy week!

 

Stay crafty!

Byeee!

 

HandmadeByTasha

Instagram | Youtube | Blog | Facebook



 DIY Papercraft Kit - Love Theme



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATC coins using mini stamps

Hello there, This is Priyadarshini here today, I have ATC coins here today using stamps from Tubby craft. I have used 3 different stamps to make these. They are easy and quick to make and absolute fun too. I have a common base here which is black cardstock and die cut small circle from white cardstock. I created different background for each using stencils and inks from Tubby craft.  What are Artist trading coins? They are miniature art created on 2.5"circle of heavy base cardstock.  ATC with stenciled background                      First, I stenciled the white cardstock using stencils and dye inks. Then added this to a black circle die cut.  Inks used are:  Turquoise ,  Olive green ,  Lavender violet I offset the stencil to get a a complete stenciled background. I stamped the images from  Lovely Owl  and  Butterfly Love  and coloured them with colour pencils.  To embellish, I added corrugated sheet,cotton gauze and twine.  To finish the coins, I added

Tubby Craft - Penguin Love - Birthday Cards by Deepti

Hello Everyone, I'm stopping by to share two birthday cards using cute Tubby Craft stamp called "Penguin Love" and "Birthday Wishes". I have used Masking technique to make both the cards. Card 1 To make this card, I die cut out the white card stock and stamped the penguins by masking them using Black tubby craft ink. Once satisfied, I stamped the balloons too and colored all these images using alcohol markers. After that I stamped the sentiment on white strip and adhered the same using foam tape along with washi tape. Glued it on Pista green card stock. Finally added some clear sequins to complete it. Here is my second card using same stamp set.. For this card also, I die cut out white card stock . Then I stamped the image and masked it to ink the background. After that I stamped the balloons and the sentiment. Added stamped and fussy cut gift too.  Finally adhered it on matching note card and added some matching s

Two amazing anniversary cards by Anushree

Hi Everyone !! Hope you all are doing good and crafting too. I have two cards for today. I have highlighted  different techniques for each card. Onto my first card, I have tried showcasing repeated stamping in a border style . I have used Plumeria Florals stamp set and Jet Black dye ink from Tubby craft to stamp the border first. Next I chose Imperial Red and Lead gray dye inks from Tubby Craft to color my florals. Sentiment is a die cut on Gold card stock and the card is embellished in gold peals. For border,I have adhered Gold border die cut to enhance the card on a black cardstock. Now onto my second card, I am using Checkered Stencil for the background .I have used rainbow colors from Tubby Craft Dye ink collection to put them on paper using blending brushes. I masked the center with a circle die cut before applying inks to the card base. Once stenciled background is ready,I removed the mask and stamped sentiment from Luc