Skip to main content

Diwali Card with Gift Card Holder

Hello Crafty Folks,

I am sure all of you must be busy with the celebrations and by now must have posted the Diwali Greetings to all the loved ones.. But what about the special friends and family members. At times the last moment or even the most awaited gifts are the gift cards of the favorite brands, passes of the show that they have been wanted to go and attend. So lets to it in a festive way.

So in today's blog, I shall be sharing a festive Diwali Gift Card Holder which can be customised for Passes or even Car keys.. Isn't that a great idea..

With this lets show you how does it look.






Supplies Required

Cardbase in White measuring 4.25x 11 inches

Matching Cardstock  in 2 pieces measuring 4.5x3.5 inches each

Tubby Craft Dye Inks : Tangy Orange, Hot Pink, Imperial Red 

Embossing Ink & Gold Embossing Powder or Gold Glimmer Paste

Tubby Craft Stencils : Foliage 1 and Zig Zag 

Tubby Craft Stamp : Diwali Greetings

Gold Mirror Cardstock0.5x 4.25 inch strip

Scissors, Glue, Acrylic Block, Blending Tools

Scoring Tool and Paper Trimmer

Coloring Medium of your choice


Creating Your DIY Gift card Holder Diwali Card

Step 1

Start with scoring the cardbase lengthwise so as to get a sharp crease at 5.5 inches

Now using the blending tools, pick up the Tangy Orange Dye Ink and generously apply all over.

Affix the Foliage 1 stencil and come in with Imperial Red Dye ink leaving some space in the centre, and blend towards outside.

Now come in with the Hot Pink blending in with the Imperial Red and going at the corners.

Let it now dry for few minutes.


Step 2

Gently remove the Foliag 1 Stencil and affix the Zig Zag Stencil,I used the Glimmer Paste in gold. If you do not have it, I recommend using the embossing ink and heat set using Gold Embossing Powder. the results shall be nearly same.


Step3

After the glimmer paste/ heat embossing is set. Lets look at the iside of the card. I didnt want to leave the card plain, so I added, a few stamps of hanging lanterns from my stash, that i stamped using the Tubby CarftJet Black Dye Ink and colored with copic markers.


Gift Card Holder Mechanism

Using the coordinating cardstock, in my case I used Yellow Cardstock and scored it at 0.5,1.5,2,3 inches I got the desired rectangle. Doing the same with the other piece, I got two rectangles. 

Now gluing on the narrow side on the crease of the cardbase such that the broader side gets affixed to the upper flap of the card.

Time to add the second rectangle, which I affix parallel to the fisrt rectangle but sticking only at the edges, and the narrow side on the lower flap of the card.

Finishing the Card

While my rectangles get stuck the way I wanted to, I stamped the Diya image on a white cardstock and colored it with the copic markers in brown shade to get in contrast with the Orange, Red and Pinks.

I paste the mirror goldstock strip at the bottom and adhere the Copic Colored Image of the Diya with the 3D foam tape.

Sentiments

I wanted to keep the top of the card plain with already so much happening there, so I added the sentiments inside instead.

 hope you liked the card, please let us know in the comments below.

Till then Stay Home, Stay Crafty. 

All the products listed here can be clicked and bought from the Tubby Craft website. Additionally, I have also Tubby Crafts products used are below:-














 

Tubby Craft products are available at following online retailers -


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATC coins using mini stamps

Hello there, This is Priyadarshini here today, I have ATC coins here today using stamps from Tubby craft. I have used 3 different stamps to make these. They are easy and quick to make and absolute fun too. I have a common base here which is black cardstock and die cut small circle from white cardstock. I created different background for each using stencils and inks from Tubby craft.  What are Artist trading coins? They are miniature art created on 2.5"circle of heavy base cardstock.  ATC with stenciled background                      First, I stenciled the white cardstock using stencils and dye inks. Then added this to a black circle die cut.  Inks used are:  Turquoise ,  Olive green ,  Lavender violet I offset the stencil to get a a complete stenciled background. I stamped the images from  Lovely Owl  and  Butterfly Love  and coloured them with colour pencils.  To embellish, I added corrugated sheet,cotton gauze and twine.  To finish the coins, I added

Tubby Craft - Penguin Love - Birthday Cards by Deepti

Hello Everyone, I'm stopping by to share two birthday cards using cute Tubby Craft stamp called "Penguin Love" and "Birthday Wishes". I have used Masking technique to make both the cards. Card 1 To make this card, I die cut out the white card stock and stamped the penguins by masking them using Black tubby craft ink. Once satisfied, I stamped the balloons too and colored all these images using alcohol markers. After that I stamped the sentiment on white strip and adhered the same using foam tape along with washi tape. Glued it on Pista green card stock. Finally added some clear sequins to complete it. Here is my second card using same stamp set.. For this card also, I die cut out white card stock . Then I stamped the image and masked it to ink the background. After that I stamped the balloons and the sentiment. Added stamped and fussy cut gift too.  Finally adhered it on matching note card and added some matching s

Two amazing anniversary cards by Anushree

Hi Everyone !! Hope you all are doing good and crafting too. I have two cards for today. I have highlighted  different techniques for each card. Onto my first card, I have tried showcasing repeated stamping in a border style . I have used Plumeria Florals stamp set and Jet Black dye ink from Tubby craft to stamp the border first. Next I chose Imperial Red and Lead gray dye inks from Tubby Craft to color my florals. Sentiment is a die cut on Gold card stock and the card is embellished in gold peals. For border,I have adhered Gold border die cut to enhance the card on a black cardstock. Now onto my second card, I am using Checkered Stencil for the background .I have used rainbow colors from Tubby Craft Dye ink collection to put them on paper using blending brushes. I masked the center with a circle die cut before applying inks to the card base. Once stenciled background is ready,I removed the mask and stamped sentiment from Luc