Skip to main content

MEET THE DESIGN TEAM MEMBER - Tasha - Ink Blending

Hello all,

I am here to introduce another new Design Team Member - Natasha Davies liked to be known as "Tasha". Lovely name isn't it? She is from the UK and married with two wonderful children. She has hEDS and she is always looking for ways to allow her to work round my disabilities, especially in the craft room! Such an inspiration she is. She is passionate about crafty therapy and creating makes her happy!
She loves trying new techniques and She is comfortable with most mediums.

You all can follow her at following social media accounts -


That's it from me today! Hope you all have great day!

Love 
Shruti

Over to Tasha....

Hey crafty people!

It's Tasha here, with my very first post as a member of Tubby Craft Design Team! I'm so looking forward to sharing inspiration with you all, and I can't wait to see what you all make with Tubby Crafts' awesome products.

Some info about me:

 I'm from the UK.
I love lots of different mediums, but my favorites are: Copics, water color, heat embossing, digital work with my Cameo 4 and die cutting!
I'm passionate about helping others find their inner spark of creativity.
I've got two kids, and they love crafting almost as much as me!
If I am in my craft room then you can be sure I am singing!
I love Taylor Swift.

You'll find me on most social media and I like to go by HandmadeByTasha, so if you see me then make sure to say hi 👋

As soon as I got my DT kit in the post I had to break out all those luscious inks and swatch them all out to see how well they really work, and I gotta say, I was pretty blown away by them!!! I always do two tests on my swatch tags; I stamp a heart and then I blend some of the ink onto the bottom of the tag. Then I put all of the tags onto a journal ring and hang it on my pegboard, that makes it so easy to grab and check the colors before I stamp.

They all stamped beautifully and I was seriously impressed by their blending ability. The colors are vibrant and the ink pads have a true color swatch on the side making them easy peasy to store & use.
*You can check out the video of me doing these swatched over on YouTube!

LINK TO MY VIDEO 



I had so much fun playing with the inks and some of Tubby Craft stencils that I made a whole bunch of backgrounds! (But some of them are tucked away ready for next month's release!! 😉

Now we have the introduction out of the way I'm super excited to share my first card with you all!

 

I used the Butterfly stencil on a 4 x 5.25 inch piece of Neenah 80lb cardstock and I blended two of Tubby's purple inks lilac purple & lavender violet over the wings using a make up brush. I made sure to cover the edges of the stencil and the butterfly's body, so that I didn't get ink anywhere that I didn't want it.
Once I was happy with the wings I covered them and used a very small blending brush to apply jet black ink to the body.

I chose to position my Butterfly to one side, allowing one of its wings to be only partially visible because I like the interest this adds to the design. It's fun to play around with the placement of your elements; changing the position of your focal image can completely change the feel of your design and it's something that I love doing! I think it can take your designs to a whole new level, I'd love to see if you try it!! (Tag me, @handmadebytasha13 and Tubby Craft on Instagram or in the Tubby Exhibits Facebook Group!)

I embossed a sentiment from Bright Day stamp set onto a strip of vellum and secured that to the panel by folding it over each side and adhering it to the back with strong double sided tape.
A few gold sequins placed at either end of the strip finish it off beautifully.

I popped my panel up on foam tape onto an A2 sized card base made from 110lb Neenah.





That's all from me for now, but I'll be back with more inspiration soon!

Supplies Used:

Bright Day stamp set

Butterfly Stencil

Jet Black Ink Pad

Lavender Violet Ink Pad

Lilac Purple Ink Pad


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATC coins using mini stamps

Hello there, This is Priyadarshini here today, I have ATC coins here today using stamps from Tubby craft. I have used 3 different stamps to make these. They are easy and quick to make and absolute fun too. I have a common base here which is black cardstock and die cut small circle from white cardstock. I created different background for each using stencils and inks from Tubby craft.  What are Artist trading coins? They are miniature art created on 2.5"circle of heavy base cardstock.  ATC with stenciled background                      First, I stenciled the white cardstock using stencils and dye inks. Then added this to a black circle die cut.  Inks used are:  Turquoise ,  Olive green ,  Lavender violet I offset the stencil to get a a complete stenciled background. I stamped the images from  Lovely Owl  and  Butterfly Love  and coloured them with colour pencils.  To embellish, I added corrugated sheet,cotton gauze and twine.  To finish the coins, I added

Tubby Craft - Penguin Love - Birthday Cards by Deepti

Hello Everyone, I'm stopping by to share two birthday cards using cute Tubby Craft stamp called "Penguin Love" and "Birthday Wishes". I have used Masking technique to make both the cards. Card 1 To make this card, I die cut out the white card stock and stamped the penguins by masking them using Black tubby craft ink. Once satisfied, I stamped the balloons too and colored all these images using alcohol markers. After that I stamped the sentiment on white strip and adhered the same using foam tape along with washi tape. Glued it on Pista green card stock. Finally added some clear sequins to complete it. Here is my second card using same stamp set.. For this card also, I die cut out white card stock . Then I stamped the image and masked it to ink the background. After that I stamped the balloons and the sentiment. Added stamped and fussy cut gift too.  Finally adhered it on matching note card and added some matching s

Two amazing anniversary cards by Anushree

Hi Everyone !! Hope you all are doing good and crafting too. I have two cards for today. I have highlighted  different techniques for each card. Onto my first card, I have tried showcasing repeated stamping in a border style . I have used Plumeria Florals stamp set and Jet Black dye ink from Tubby craft to stamp the border first. Next I chose Imperial Red and Lead gray dye inks from Tubby Craft to color my florals. Sentiment is a die cut on Gold card stock and the card is embellished in gold peals. For border,I have adhered Gold border die cut to enhance the card on a black cardstock. Now onto my second card, I am using Checkered Stencil for the background .I have used rainbow colors from Tubby Craft Dye ink collection to put them on paper using blending brushes. I masked the center with a circle die cut before applying inks to the card base. Once stenciled background is ready,I removed the mask and stamped sentiment from Luc